2.0

I am very upset.There is a stylist by the name Shameka that was highly recommended for hair extensions.

This is my first time visiting Ulta and I was excited about getting my hair done by her. When I walked in I was greeted by a young lady named Melissa and she was very pleasant , she greeted me and asked if I would like to book a service, I told her yes and who I was there to see, while talking to her a male stylist who later I was told was the Salon Manager came over and asked can he help me during my conversation with Melissa, so I told him I was looking to get hair extensions and he said in a very rude manner,'We don't offer those services here!" and walked away. Melissa apologized and said I will look to see when Shameka is coming in and I will book a consultation for you with her and she will be in Monday please give her a call. I was very offended by the response from the manager and would like answers!

I called my friend who recommended Shameka and she had a similar experience and isn't happy about it. She said she was told the same thing.

I have seen extensions done before at this location plenty of times and I would like answers especially because I have seen women with different texture hair get there extension there at that location of a different race,I want answers I feel like its discrimination and racist.Is it ok for one race to get there form of extensions but not another, I will never walk into Ulta again and its sad because Shameka is a wonderful stylist I have seen her work and wanted to be service but I didn't know The Salon at Ulta only choose to service a certain race, ethnicity, or hair type in the Bronx.

Review about: Ulta Manager.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Ulta?

Comments

Beverly Hills, California, United States #1354373

What happened to you isn't because of "the Salon @ Ulta".

It's because of a single person, the salon manager.

So let's get this straight because I know...

Ulta is not racist. The salon manager probably isn't either though. He shouldn't have been rude EVER. That's ridiculous but he may not even understand the complete service offerings.

1) Call and speak to the GM to let them know what happened to you and find out more about the services. Lord if they don't know what to do then as a last resort contact guest services.

2) Go back and give Shameka that extra business.

3) Don't ever let the actions of a single person define your opinion of an entire group.Good luck and Godspeed.