Ulta - Review about Facial from San Leandro, California

185 of 548 Ulta reviews

In August of 2014, I went for a facial at Ulta Salon, Cosmetics in Las Vegas, Nevada.7265 Arroyo Crossing Parkway, Suite 110.Sheila did my facial.I told her about a bad experience, I had at a spa two years ago.I told her not to put anything around my mouth area.When I spoke with her on the phone, she told me don't worry, I will let you know everything I am putting on your face.l let her know that I have sensitive skin.Sheila had no regard, respect or concern for me or my feelings.She did what she wanted to do.It was a facial from ***.She used a brush and went down the sides of my cheeks by my nose and went up and down across the Top of my mouth.

She also rubbed something in the Conners of my mouth. She took the brush and went very close to my eyes.Sheila did not say one word to me the whole time of the facial.She calls herself a specialist.I feel she did this to me on purpose.She knew that she could get away with it. Being a woman of color, she had no value for me as a customer. She knew that Management would stand behind her.There is a very coldness about this Ulta location.Never even got an apology from Sheila needs to go back to cosmetology school.

She should no that around the mouth and eyes is very sensitive. I Know it was done on purpose. Her actions have caused chemical burns all around my mouth area cheeks, forehead and around my eyes.My face looked so bad, that people could not even look me in the face.Co workers were asking me, what happen to you, are you alright.This is a experience that I will never forget.I pray everyday to move forward. It has been a hard road, every time I look in the mirror I'm reminded.

I have at other facials in past with the same products.Never had anything like this happen. Woman of color be careful, I don't want this experience to ever happen to anyone else.Ifeel so disrespected.

My face

will probably never be the same.Sheila was very talkative on the phone, once she saw me, for what reason I don't know.She wasn't the same once she saw me.She should have been fired.Please beware of this store.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Facial
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #646980

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ulta? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 7 No 7
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
185 of 548 Ulta reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 10 #1210653

I think the OP needs to worry more about getting her hair deep-conditioned. It looks dry and frizzy.

Sep 10 #1210631 North Royalton, Ohio, United States

Wow. The OP makes multiple posts about the same thing then replies to them. She sounds crazy! If this is true then do something about it instead of making yourself sound crazy.

Sep 10 #1210597 Lake Elsinore, California, United States

THIS EVIL RACIST ACT WAS DONE ON PURPOSE.SHEILA KNEW ThAT SHE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT.YOU BEING A BLACK WOMAN,SHE KNEW ULTA DIDN'T CARE.SHEILA KNEW THAT ULTA DIDN'T VALUE YOU AS A CUSTOMER OR A HUMAN BEING!

Jun 29 #1179130 Los Angeles, California, United States

This Women Sheila wanted to cause serious Damage to her face.When she came to work the next day. We couldn't believe what was done to her face.Her left eye was messed up pretty bad too.all around her mouth and the Conners of her mouth.You could plainly see where SHEILA applied a Bleaching product going in a down motion.You never pull the face down when you give a facial. You never use a brush around the mouth and eyes with anything, let alone a BLEACHING PRODUCT. YOU CAN Plainly See this was done on purpose. I Can't believe a Big Company like Ulta would allow this kind of Malicious Act.She went for a Dermalogica facial for sensitive skin. You can plainly see that isn't what she received. If this was a white women that this happened to, SHEILA would have been fired.

Jun 11 #1171986

Sue them! Show the before and after pictures to the lawyer.

Apr 25 #1149933

YOU WOULD BE MAD TOO, IF YOU WENT FOR A DERMALOGICA FACIAL FOR SENSITIVE SKIN. INSTEAD YOU GET A BLEACHING PRODUCT ON YOUR FACE,THAT HAS MESSED UP YOUR FACE FOR LIFE.TOTAL DISRESPECT!!! SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED.

Apr 24 #1149173

You ask for a Dermalogica facial for sensitive skin. That is what you should have got.Instead she uses A Bleaching product on your face and doesn't even consult with you first.She didn't consult with you first, because she knew that she was going to cause serious Damage to your skin and she didn't give a dam.Because she didn't want your business any way. Also she knew that Management didn't care either.

Apr 24 #1149172

Apr 22 #1148684

This Ulta location on 7265 Arroyo Crossing Parkway in LAS VEGAS. Should be Investigated, I met another Black women that had the same experience at this Ulta.This women Sheila is allowed to still work there.I think that this should be reported to the news Media.

Mar 31 #1137105

One thing she is not is low life.She comes from a very well to do family. Back in the day her mother use to head line the strip here in Las Vegas. She was a singer . I've seen pictures of her mother with Wayne Newton, and pictures of her mother and her father with Anne Margaret.Her mother has traveled Spain and Paris. Also I saw a news paper article about her mother . I've know her sense she was a kid.She grew up in San Francisco and her parents had a beautiful home and one of their cars was a Silver Cloud Rose Royce.Her parents even owned a night club on North Beach in San Francisco. She would never make up lies on this Company.She has always been a very God fearing Honest person.She always had the most beautiful skin and Complexion. She never had to use face make up.Trust me this injury to her skin was done on purpose!!!

Mar 19 #1130126

Stop your lies and slander you low life nothing woman of color black like coal

1 3 Reply

Mar 19 #1130125

Stop your lies and slander already you low life nothing

1 3 Reply

Mar 02 #1120730

The reason that I know it was done on purpose.I went for a Dermalogica facial for sensitive skin, and I have had Dermalogica facials in the past . Nothing like this ever happened. Also Shelia admitted to using a bleaching product.That is not what I ask for.She did not consult with me about putting anything else on my face.She purposely put a bleaching product around my mouth down my cheeks,around my eyes and forehead.She also kept pulling my face down.Every facial that I have had you are given a mirror to look at your face. She did not give me a mirror.I believe that she knew that she could get away with it.What happened to me is like a nightmare that won't go away. It has really changed my life.My face will never be the same. All Sheila HAD To Do WAS GIVE Me THE FACIAL THAT I ask for . Dermalogica facial for sensitive skin does not do this to your face.I want everyone to know what was done to me and the way I was treated. This injury to my face has made my self esteem go way down.I hope that no one else is ever totally disrespected like I have been.

2 2 Reply

Feb 19 #1114600

I believe that this was the practice of racial discrimination.This Ulta on Arroyo Crossing Parkway in Las Vegas. This incident should have been investigated.I have never seen a Dermalogica facial do this to anyone's skin.This should have never happened.

2 2 Reply

Jan 31 #1103722

Ulta in las vegas on Arroyo Crossing Parkway is the worst place to go for a facial.They will mess up your skin on purpose and then try to sell you make up.They do what ever they want and put what ever they want on your skin, without consulting with you.If you are a black woman, you are not a valued customer.

1 2 Reply

Jan 21 #1098813

This Ulta location on Arroyo Crossing Parkway in Las Vegas should be investigated. YOU WILL FIND OUT IT WAS DONE ON PURPOSE.

1 2 Reply

Sep 23, 2015 #1037871

You should go to the news media.This should not have happened, and you were just getting a regular facial.I can't believe that this woman that did this still works there. The Management at this Las Vegas Ulta is behind it.She knew that they would not do anything. She knew that she could get away with it . EVILDOERS!!!

1 1 Reply

Sep 22, 2015 #1037699

This Ulta location in las vegas, has a very nasty staff.I believe this was done on purpose.She should have been fired.The way the facial was done, she either did not no the proper way to do a facial or she did it on purpose. Not a friendly place and definitely not professional.

1 1 Reply

1-20 of 29 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ulta. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ulta.
Filing a new complaint about
×