Ulta - Review about Healthy Sexy Hair Sulfate-Free Soy Shampoo from Athens, Georgia

I went to the Athens, GA Ulta today (7/6/15) to purchase a new shampoo and conditioner.I was really excited to try HealthySexyHair since it said in the ad that the jumbo bottles are on sale for $12.99 each.

I saw a few other SexyHair products on sale for $15.99, but no HealthySexyHair displayed. After I found the bottles on the aisle I went to check out and they kept ringing up regular price. I showed the cashier the ad with the picture of the actual product and, after much back and forth between her and the other associates, she informed me that not only wasn't the product on sale for $12.99, it wasn't on sale AT ALL. I didn't want to cause a scene and be "that customer" so I accepted the situation, but it strikes me as ridiculous that a specific product in a brand would be pictured in an ad when in fact it isn't on sale at all.

Having worked as a cashier myself, I know that a lot of things are beyond your control, but when there's irrefutable evidence and it's not simply a customer's mistake, a manager can step in and do an override- at least for the $15.99 the others were on sale for. I ended up buying a different SexyHair product and, to top off an underwhelming experience, the same cashier forgot the freebie bottle pump.

I love Ulta, but this was just the perfect storm of mistakes all around.All I can hope is that the cashier at least alerted a manager to the discrepancy so they could pass the info on to corporate.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Healthy Sexy Hair Sulfate-Free Soy Shampoo
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #661796 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ulta? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 09, 2015 #1005297

sounds like bait and switch
which is illegal

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.