At the Northville 6mile & Haggerty Michigan Location. I went in with 2 items I had bought 9 days prior, with 4 receipts. I wasn't sure what receipt the 2 items were on that I wanted to return. I stood in line my turn, the cashier said, I "can help you", she was very sweet & I told her I'd like to return these 2 products, but wasn't sure what receipt they were on & pulled out 4 receipts. The manager who was giving me evil looks while I was in line said to the cashier, "wait, move over I'll take care of this, I'll handle her". I figured the cashier was new... There was about 7 people in line behind me at the time. The manager asked for my phone # to pull up my account, I gave her it. It was also on all 4 of my receipts in front of her with the 2 items that weren't right for my skin. She opened both items & checked to see if they'd been used. I barley used either of them maybe a pea size or smaller amount & realized, I didn't not like either. She the manager then yelled extra loud, "you can't return after a certain amount of time" . I said, "it's only been a week or 2". Manager-"after so many returns, u can't return". Me- "what? What are you talking about, so many returns?" Manager- "it doesn't matter, it u have a receipt or not, I don't have to return anything for u". Me- "excuse me, what is your name, & what are you talking about." Manager- "my name is Dawn I'm the manager & ive saw you in her before about a week ago" Me- "I'm sure you have seen me in here, that's why there's 4 receipts in front of you Dawn, so I'm confused what's the problem?" Manager Dawn-" I'm not returning anything for you, you return too much, I've seen you before." Me- What ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DAWN?" I then grab my phone and start video recording her embarrassing me. I said, "how many times are you saying I've returned , I want to know now, cause I don't know what the *** your talking about." Dawn- she's checking the computer with 2 other employees while the 7 + people are waiting behind me to checkout & listing to her yell and humiliate me, she wanted everyone to hear loud and clear.
Dawn- looking at her screen says, " Oh hmmm Oh" (looking confused) looking & looking... "Oh you have 1 return back in October" , "yea it's only showing you have 1 return in October".
Me- I said, "So I've had ONE RETURN IN OCTOBER, how long does it show u"?????
Dawn- "it goes back 6 months" but it's only showing you returned once in October", " I must have you mistaken, Oh haha I have you confused for someone else, lol oh I'm sorry about that, I thought you were another girl who buys stuff and returns a week later".
Me- "I don't really care who you have me "mistaken" for." I have legitimate receipts for less than 2 weeks ago & your treating me like this and embarrassing me in front of people".
Dawn- "oh haha lol you must have a twin running around."
I was BEYOND UPSET, embarrassed,humiliated extremely & shocked that I was spoke to the way I was. Everyone was looking at me whispering, taking videos with their phones as well as I was recording Dawn treat me like some return maniac... Dawn then said sorry again after returning my 2 products with my their reciepts. I still was livid about this inisident.
Dawn, tried to be extra nice after the fact & said we have people buying things and returning them the next week, they shouldn't buy them if they don't want them. I want to change our policy to final sale. I said , well sometimes in different lighting (natural lighting) makeup looks different & maybe doesn't match their skin outside of here" , but I'm not sure & honestly I don't care what people do". Dawn- trying to smooth things over & explain why she's not accepting returns from people unless she feels like it & the receipt better be with in a few days or she's not accepting it , and doesn't care what they say or who they contact, she's the manager & has more say than they do."
Me- "well dawn, if that's the case, u may want to post a sign next to this cashier & reprint the return policy on the back of our reciepts" , as the policy on my receipt says, -Returns- Returns are easy! Those are the 1st words on the back of my Ulta receipts! Clearly returns are NOT SO EASY if you happen to run into Dawn the Manager. This was by far the most embarrassing situation I've ever came across EVER shopping in any store. It was awful & she needs to be reminded that customer satisfaction is a big deal in retail especially in a free standing local store. Shame on her for her disgusting people skills.
I'm also Platinum Rewards member at Ulta so they can easily look up my purchase history. I've spent over $500 in the last 6 weeks at Ulta. If there's any way I can post the video of Dawn & I , please let me know, I'd love to share it besides on my social media websites. My husband, was also shocked and disgusted about this type of behavior & sent the video to his attorney's today. I'd like to teach Dawn a lesson for the future, Treat ALL with respect, and don't wrongfully accuse People.
I tried to upload the video, I'm not sure why it's not working. I attached a photo of Manager Dawn.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ulta Staff
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This advertisement: which claims to be endorsed by dr. Oz. seems to be a *** , when you call the number on there web site you get know real person,..."
- "I used the self tanner by arbonne as directed. I had the worst reaction. I've never had any bad reactions to self tanners from any other company. My eyes swelled...."
- "I purchased a hair iron. It was returned shortly after. I never received the credit on my card. They told me YOUR CREDIT WAS PUT ON ANOTHER..."
- "why my order to late to arrive ? it should arrive at my home at 12 January , i already call Lazada and Lazada already promise that my order will..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "TRUE FACTS: Since the beginning Origami Owl Fraudulently has sued and harassed companies/people in the USA and outside of the USA. These poor people could have had a fight if they..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."