1.5
Turnaround Time

So I am a former employee and have been reading some of these reviews (which by the way are mostly accurate and don't surprise me one bit) but I would like to give a little insight from the "inside" perspective.I worked there for over a year and saw A LOT of crazy things and dealt with a lot of ***.

The complaints about the employees being rude or uninterested (mainly the cashiers) is because they are paid minimum wage and are expected to do a ridiculous amount of bull *** that is not told to them before they start. The management and corporate employees are a complete JOKE and treat their employees like *** which is a big reason why the employees are miserable. I worked there full time for over 6 months before I was granted my full time benefits because my manager was trying to *** me out of my PTO and sick days. They are always short staffed so anyway they can get out of being forced to give you vacation or sick days they will do it.

I will never in my life spend another dollar at that store again. It was the worst job experience I've ever had. I have years of makeup and retail experience and ulta is a joke.

I like to compare the store to Walmart given the attitude of the management and they way they operate.Trust me when I say spend your hard earned money ELSE WHERE.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss a product or service. Ulta needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ulta.

Had an Experience with Ulta?

Comments

#1171917

Thank you for your insight.I would however like to know why people take a minimum wage job, if they're not going to do their best?

It hardly excuses they way people are treated. I will never shop their again because you have to give your name, number, and basically social security to pay for your product. Then when you call to ask a question, (Laguna Elk Grove, CA) you have to UNLBLOCK your number to call them. I will never shop their again.

Signed, a first time, and now last time client.It's obvious that ULTA NEVER READS REVIEWS!!!

Maybe it was just your store and team, I've worked at Ulta 5+ years and I love it. If you can't go above and beyond for a job then why even bother. I'm so sick of kids these days that have no work ethic and want everything handed to them.

Speak for yourself. Although I agree with you on some points, there really isn't an excuse for giving off a bad attitude to every customer that comes through the door.

Payroll sucks which does put a strain on employees, especially at busier stores, but that is unfortunately a common part of retail. Not everyone is made for it.

Cry me a river... There's no excuse for being rude to customers. We all have jobs that sometimes really suck.