4.0
Turnaround Time

I went shopping today at Ulta in Holyoke Massachusetts. I shop here frequently and order on line from Ulta as well.

I love Ulta! Until today that is. I went in looking for two things. A clarisonic face cleanser or the Mia2 and something to help add moisture to my hair after recently having it highlighted.

I found the Mia2 and made my choice and then went to find the hair product. There were a couple of different products that looked interesting in the Caviar line, but I wasn't quite sure. I looked around and the only person I saw was was a gal next to me in the salon department. She was blow drying a customer's hair and I asked her if I could ask her a question while she was blow drying.

She didn't answer me at all. She gave me a disgusted look and shut off her hairdryer. I said,, is that a yes or a no? Still no answer.

Then, with a harsh rude attitude, she said well I'm busy but go ahead. I said nevermind and began walking away. After a few steps I heard her say, very loudy, "... I'm working with a client." I turned around and said, "excuse me, are you talking to me?" She just stared at me.

I asked her again and again, nothing. She just glarred at me. My heart was racing and I could not even grasp that she was being so inappropriate with me. I walked up to front, waited in line, and then asked to speak to the manager.

The manager came out and I intoduced myself to her, and told her what had just happened. By this time it was sinking in that this really did just happen. All I wanted to do, was ask someone for a recommendation for a conditioning treatment for my hair. If the stylist would have said, I'm sorry I can't help you but ask the gal at the front..

or something kind like that, I would have said, Ok thank you and went on. Why would anyone think it's okay to talk to somone like that? It is not okay. The manager seemed very sincere and apologized to me.

I thanked her for her time and that was it. I was physically shaking as I left Ulta. I fully realize that what I am about to say will mean nothing to whomever is reading this. I also realize I am just one little customer and my business and loyalty mean even less.

However, to be true to myself, I will never step foot in an Ulta again nor will I order online from Ulta. I will go to Sephora or anyplace else, I don't care if it's more expensive or out of my way. Never again. It makes me super sad that Ulta employees are allowed to behave in such an offensive manner.

Shame on Ulta. I am a 55 year old women, and this is the very first formal complaint I have ever written.

I will miss shopping at Ulta.. minus the rude salon lady!

Review about: Ulta Customer Care.

Preferred solution: For employees to be trained and supervised to be kind .

I liked: Choices.

I didn't like: Because the customer service staff and management insulted.

Comments