2.8
Turnaround Time

ULTA SPENDS A LOT OF MONEY ON WHAT THEY CLAIM IS A CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT. THE TRUTH IS, IT'S A JOKE.

THEY HAVE NO AUTHORIZATION TO HELP THE CUSTOMER AT ALL. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT.?? IT APPEARS, IT IS JUST FOR PLACING CUSTOMERS ON HOLD SO THEY CAN BECOME EVEN MORE DISGUSTED AND FRUSTRATED WITH THE COMPANIES MISHANDLING OF THEIR PROBLEMS. I spent hours trying to place an order during Black Friday Sale this Thanksgiving.

The web site was crashing all day. Finally got the order placed. Some how my billing address was correct, but the shipping address went to an old address of mine, which was no longer being forwarded. I was told by Customer Service that they were having a lot of issues with addresses after the site crashed.

I spent a 1/2 hour on hold when calling Ulta, only to be told that the items I had ordered were out of stock and that if the package ended up returned to the them they could not re-ship it to the correct address. All they could do was credit me when the package came back to them. I attempted to track down the package with the tracking number. I spoke to the UPS in the Philippines and they informed me the package had been given to the Post Office.

Eventually I was able to track the package to Apache Junction AZ Post Office. I tried to redirect the package on the P.O. web site, but it would not permit me to because it had been designated for return to sender. The Post Office had their phone off the hook, so I drove 45 miles each way, only to be told they had sent it back to Ulta the day before.

I again called Ulta. Another 20 min hold, explained what had happened and that because they could not re-ship my package I had lost my sale prices, my 5X (564) rewards for fragrance purchase, one gift valued at $71.00 another gift item valued at $30.00 and the set of 4 glasses. Their response," when we receive the package back we will credit you." I again stated I simply wanted my packages shipped to the correct address. Asked for a supervisor, was put on hold for 1 hour.

Supervisor said they could not resend the package,. And if I were able to reorder the items, she had no authority to reship the gifts, could not adjust reward points, or adjust items to the original sale prices. I forgot to mention one of the customer service agents gave me a phone number, she thought might be able to help me. I tried the number for three days and left several messages.

The recording on the phone said, " We care. If you have a problem we would like to resolve it." I thought maybe I'm getting somewhere. Finally I got through. It was Human Resources, of course they said they're dept.

is only for employees. I REPEAT, WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT. ?? I contacted Corporate Offices.

Only to receive a phone call from another Customer Service Supervisor, who had no authority to do anything to resolve any problems. Ulta sends me e-mails every single day. Would management please explain to me why you would rather refund a customer's money and make them extremely upset with your company, when all you have to do, is when you scan a returned package, generate an e-mail that asks the customer, "if they want a refund or if the package should be re-shipped and what address to ship it to." WIN, WIN !!!

YOU KEEP THE MONEY FROM THE SALE AND THE CUSTOMER IS HAPPY !!! This isn't rocket science.

Review about: Ulta Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: $100.00 gift card and 569 reward credits lost added back. And for the company to try to resolve the problem of returned packages not being able to re-ship. I have already duplicated my original order as close as possible..

I didn't like: Customer service has no authority to resolve any problems.

Comments

Very similar situation with black Friday prices, item never shipped yet they said it was returned and they have to give credit, will not reship or tomorrow sale prices. Very rude and said there is nothing they can do.

They have zero authority and I agree, what is the point in *** off a customer in addition to losing the sale, they obviously have the package and could easily mail right back out or easily resolve with a coupon code to match original sale price. So upset right now.

to Michael #1412770

**honor** not tomorrow typo in above comment

You surely did make a simple task rough on yourself.

Now it has become an international incident.

Over what ?

Some bonus points and a few bucks worth of junk ?

What ?

to Marty #1402959

Marty,

What is your purpose of your response to this person's fair complaint? Are you being helpful or hurtful?