Two years ago, I received a Marc Jacobs Daisy mini travel perfume set from my parents for Christmas that they purchased from Ulta Beauty in WI. I knew right off the bat it smelled different from my MJ daisy perfume, but didn't think much of it and basically never used it.

This year, my parents got me the Roses de Chloe (from the same Ulta store in WI). Upon trying the perfume, my wrist started rashing and again, the smell was not 100%. I took the bottle and compared it to my old Roses de Chloe bottle and the bottom inscription/font was completely different and not only that, the UPC was scratched off from the brand new perfume bottle, which I found extremely odd. I then went to Sephora to compare my new bottle to the sample they had in store, and again, the bottom of the bottles had completely different font/text and the inscription was way off on my gifted bottle. The store rep confirmed my gifted bottle was a counterfeit.

This is the second strike of fake perfume from Ulta and I feel obligated to let other consumers know that Ulta Beauty sells counterfeit goods. My parents still have their receipt from this year, so they will be getting their money back, but it is so unethical and unacceptable for a company as large as Ulta to be selling counterfeit merchandise. They need a better quality control system or something, but I definitely will warn everyone I know not to shop from such a corrupt company. Better stick to the larger department stores/Sephora for any cosmetics needs.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of counterfeit products and counterfeit perfume. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "item was counterfeit" of ulta beauty set and associated monetary loss in the amount of $170. Ulta needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ulta beauty set in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ulta.

Had an Experience with Ulta?

Comments

Actually they sell counterfeit shampoo and conditioner, too. I bought bottles of Nioxin that were completely the wrong color and were watered down versions of the actual product.

This is so ridiculous.I find it extremely hard to believe that a multi million dollar company would sell counterfeit items.

Comparing new perfume to old perfume doesn't mean anything because 1) UPCs change and 2) perfume ages over time and the scent can change.

I think you need a reality check.