I had my first appointment at the Ulta Salon in Corona today. It was a $200 appointment, a little over half an hour before my appointment I get a call saying that the girl that was supposed to do my hair called in sick.

When I asked if there was anyone else who could do my hair today, she said no without even apologizing. She offered to book for another time. First off, when someone calls in sick, you should know way before 30 minutes before their shift; and you should have called all of their appointments way earlier. Second off, there should be some kind of back up for when your unprofessional hairstylists call off to handle their appointments.

Third off, most of us ADULTS have jobs and we can't just drop everything to make an appointment at a time convenient for YOU. I specifically made sure I was off of work early to make this appointment. After hanging up, I decided to look online and see if there was any morning appointments for the next day. I saw one for 10:30 and thought I might be able to make that one, so when I called the girl told me her earliest appointment was 11:50- too close to when I have to work for me to make it in time.

This Ulta salon is so unprofessional and I will NEVER go here again and I will make sure to tell everyone I know about the rude and unprofessional customer service. I ended up making an appointment for this friday at an Ulta that's 30 minutes away, even though this one is only 5 minutes away; because I would rather drive a half hour than have to deal with the girls at this location!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ulta haircut. Ulta needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ulta haircut in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ulta.

Comments

The bottom line as many have experienced at different locations of ULTA and as you read the reviews, is they have unprofessional, untrained staff who do not know what they are doing and I blame this on ULTA- you are expecting these technicians to provide professional services on a first beauty school day mentality and skill set. They are not providing the guidance and proper training to be professionals.

I had a request for a opi gel color and the technician literally had to read the instruction cards , I had to ask for a chair to sit in at the manicure table plus many other issues that I will not go into , but I left before any damage could be done and canceled my facial apt , because if a nail tech could not do her job then the facial would most definitely cause more damage to my skin which is also sensitive.

To market and advertise a salon that offers professional services with technicians that do not have the skill set or the proper training makes me understand why there are so many complaints on this company. I would refuse to support any company that takes advantage of both patrons and their employees.

to Anonymous #1130120

FYI Ulta pays minimum wage. Don't expect the employees or stylists to give you more than that. You want better service go somewhere where the employees are paid properly.

You don't know why that girl was sick or how ill she was. So for you to call her unprofessional, for calling out, is really unfair.

Maybe next time she'll come in deathly ill and get you sick and then make YOU miss work. People get sick.

It happens. Try to have a little more sympathy in your life.